Level 3 Helps Customers Stay Ahead of Security Threats
Posted by on July 6, 2016 10:18 am
Helping Customers Stay Ahead of Security Threats
Offering a vital service for your customers while increasing agent wallet-share
Today, enterprises are facing more than 6 billion malicious attacks and hundreds of thousands of new malicious programs every year. The financial impact is skyrocketing, too; in 2014, the Ponemon Institute, as cited in “Own Your Defense: Network-Based Security from Level 3,” determined the average total cost of a data breach was $6.2 million — up 23% from the previous year.
According to “Safeguarding the Internet: Level 3 Botnet Research Report,” for as little as $6 per month, a malicious actor can hire botnets to deploy malware and orchestrate distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks under the central direction of command and control (C2) servers. On average, each C2 controls 1,700 infected hosts to distribute malware, disrupt business, establish system penetration, and steal company intellectual property.
The only thing that’s certain in the world of cyberattacks is that they are continuously growing and evolving. So enterprises must grow and evolve, too, to stay ahead of the threats.
We See More, so We Stop More
Supported by the idea that we’re all stronger when we work together, Level 3 Threat Research Labs and our peers in the cybersecurity community are sharing expertise and methods — just as attackers do.
Every day, around the clock, and across 200,000 route miles, we monitor and manage around 1.3 billion security events, 1,000 C2 servers, and more than a million malicious data packets.
This level of intelligence means that your customers can rely on Level 3 security solutions to support all the communication and networking technologies they are buying through you.
Network Protection for the Cloud and Global Connections
Protecting assets starts with Level 3SM Network Protection services. Protecting data as it travels to and from locations is top of mind for increasing numbers of organizations and is a special concern for enterprises considering cloud migration. In fact, our 2014 State of the Cloud Survey revealed that
- 65% of organizations cite security as the biggest barrier to moving to the cloud.
- 33% of those already using the cloud or poised to do so emphasize secure, private network connections.
Managed Security Services
We offer a full range of Level 3SM Managed Security Services to help your customers mitigate vulnerabilities, minimize risk, and manage compliance.
- Secure Internet Gateways and Managed Firewalls are customizable for intrusion detection, URL filtering, anti-virus protection, and spam blocking.
- Level 3SM Secure Access services enable customers to provide access to the people who need it and keep out bad actors by extending virtual private networks (VPNs) to branch offices, supporting global connectivity, and enabling true bring-your-own-device (BYOD) topologies.
- Level 3SM Professional Security Services allow for total vulnerability management, pinpointing weaknesses, providing support under attack, and providing security policy analysis and development.
- Level 3SM DDoS Mitigation Service, either on demand or “always on,” stops attacks at the network level and keeps your customers’ businesses running — even during an attack.
If security concerns are holding back a customer deal, you now have the high-value solution to help them protect their business — and move ahead with your deal.